2020 has been a difficult and crazy year. Understatement ;).
We’re all looking forward to a fresh and hopefully healthier year in 2021. So rather than waiting to do a goals list for January, let’s get a jumpstart on 2021 now.
Here are 7 things you can start implementing in your small business right now.
- Finalize your 2021 marketing plan. Don’t wait til year end. Do it now so you’re ready to rock’n’roll on January 1.
- Shake up your marketing. Try something new. If your tactics-to-date have been soft sell, try being more forceful. This article from Click Z has some good hot-to tips.
- Focus on relationship building with your clients. One way to do that is committing to being more authentic and being relatable. Let customers know there are real people behind your brand.
- If you have products or services that have been sorely affected in our Covid-impacted world (think restaurant buffets, movie theaters or anything that doesn’t allow us to social distance), replace them if you can. Or pivot. There are certainly enough examples of companies doing that successfully. Like these three small business success stories in Inc Magazine.
Note: the link to Inc Magazine above DOES work.
- Cut yourself some slack. Most of us are too hard on ourselves. Learn to lighten up and appreciate the things you’re good at. This article in Medium has some smart advice to help you.
- Hire a business coach or a sales development consultant to help build your business. Getting fresh input can be the difference between blah sales and soaring numbers. If you need some suggestions, call us. We’re happy to recommend someone.
- If you don’t already have a robust email program, put your database to work. Ramp up your email marketing with fresh offerings and enticing copy. Read this article from Campaign Monitor for some great tips on how to build a cult following.
Hopefully, these tips resonate with you and give you some ideas on how to jumpstart your own marketing.
The small businesses that will survive these shaky times are the ones that are being proactive about moving forward.
We think that’s a really good group to be part of.